Reshaping Your Gums And Perfecting Your Teeth
If you’ve always been a little self-conscious and thought about having your gums reshaped, we’ll start treatment with a comprehensive exam, because we need to assess your oral health in order to make sure your teeth are long and healthy enough to provide good results.
If we discover that you need any treatment outside of your reshaping, recontouring, or dental crown lengthening, we’ll discuss your options then. Any additional procedures can be scheduled ahead of your gum reshaping.
We are happy to say that the procedures for gum reshaping and teeth recontouring are both relatively pain-free. We will locally anaesthetize the area to be reshaped, and once you are comfortable, we will continue with your procedure.
If you are still nervous about your treatment, we can work with you to provide sedation or other anxiety relief treatments that you want – we want you to feel comfortable with your care!
Dr. Nathan Jeal and his assistant Alyssa have been so good to me. They take tremendous pride in their work and go out of their way to make you feel welcomed and comfortable. The receptionists are so welcoming and polite. I am so happy with my progress so far. You cannot go wrong with Winnipeg Square Dental. – Frankie 5* Google Review
Gum Reshaping And Crown Lengthening
Both of these procedures involve the removal and reshaping of your gum tissue, which is done with our soft-tissue lasers. Once you are comfortable and your gums are numb, we will go to work, all without a single incision!
After your treatment is complete, you’ll have a few restrictions in place to make sure healing goes smoothly.
- Eat liquid foods for at least the first two days after your procedure.
- Don’t drink through a straw during your recovery. The suction can damage your tender gums!
- Don’t brush your teeth until we give you the okay. In the meantime, you can use an antimicrobial mouthwash to ensure your gums stay clean and heal well.
- Don’t smoke while your gums are healing. This can cause secondary infection and damage healthy tissue, as well as harm your gums from suction.
- Don’t be concerned about slight bleeding, sensitivity, or a bit of swelling – it will be gone before you know it!
Everyone is so professional, kind, accommodating and genuinely care that you are satisfied with everything/your treatment. I’m almost done with my Invisalign and I also did laser gum contouring recently and had the best experience. I am so happy with the result already! Definitely recommend them if you are not happy with your smile. – Melissa 5* Google Review